Imposing tolls in small Penang Island is totally insane. I thought having 1 toll for the bridge is abit too much. The toll are for maintainences of the bridge and to pay off it’s loans. It’s has been there for around 20 years i suppose, and throngs of car, buses and motorcycle crosses the bridge daily and they still couldnt cough up enough money to settle the debt. I wouldn’t know how many years Penangites will have to suffer.
Having tolls will definately increase the jams as you know and I know how efficient the “peopleinthebox” works. Aren’t the purpose of PORR is to reduce JAMS?? I still feel that it will bring more harm instead of good to the island.
- Cuts through Youth Park after a good but expensive makeover
- Destroying famous Gurney Drive- the mother of all tourist spot in Penang
- Decreasing the value in Jesselton area (might make some rich ppl TL also)
- Burden citizen with cost of toll (notice if cuts through air itam? the farlim area)
- The developer right was given to a company that belongs to someone relative “sitting up there wan la” – you can try to find out more. I scared i will get arrested. haha
Despite so many years of protesting, why is the project still being carried on?
Now is nearing the middle of year 2006. I doubt the monorail will complete in year 2007. Maybe a station will be ready.haha(Remember the sg.2 flyover took 6yrs to complete)Say give them another 10-20 years time?? And come on la…Need to be so expensive or not? Rm1.11billion? The line for phase 2 abit senseless, how often do you travel from air itam to tg tokong? I think there should be a station in pulau tikus or gurney area. Agree?
I dont understand a thing from this. Girls cant read maps**bats eyelashes** Just for you mens out there and also smart lass =)
How can an unsignificant girl’s opinion affect the major plan of the gavman. After all, we are in bolehland that can build a half bridge across the straits. hahahhaha
*I got those maps from my email.